Worth a Thousand Words...

I love old books...the worn leather covers, grand libraries with nooks and crannies loaded with information to sift through. I'm not even an avid reader, but there is nothing like holding a book in your hands and feeling the pages run through your fingertips. And, I happen to be crazy for old libraries...

One of the most beautiful books I've come across recently, "Libraries," is by the gifted German-based photographer Candida Höfer. This book was published in 2005 and is still available to purchase via used book dealers. Ms. Höfer's book documents wonderful libraries from all over the world. The details are absolutely stunning. Take a look for yourself...



137 color plates in this book, beautifully capturing seats of knowledge around the world from the Pierpont Morgan Library in New York to the Bibliotheque nationale de France in Paris, the Villa Medici in Rome and others.





Stunning, isn't it? If a picture is worth a thousand words, than this book is real treasure. It's available here at Amazon starting at $64.64 for a used copy.

Definitely something to add to the holiday list!

photo credits: Candida Höfer, Libraries

Comments

Wow! What great images and a great subject!I'll have to go to one and "check it out!"Maryanne xo
vicki archer said…
Thanks Lynn.....the perfect gift for my husband for Christmas...he will love it...xv
Oh, to spend time in these gorgeous rooms, reading and getting lost. Thanks for sharing, it would make for such a fabulous gift. Hope you are feeling better Lynn. XO
Heaven. I'm in heaven. And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak. ♫ :)
Unknown said…
sorry to hear you are having health issues, best to you.
Library love happening here- gorgeous!
have a wonderful weekend...

Karen

Popular Posts