Easter Parades

Are any of you going to an Easter Parade?

There is something so glamorous about Judy Garland and Fred Astaire in the movie "Easter Parade," 1948.

Look at the fancy ladies in their bonnets, 1964

Looks like this whole group is ready for a parade! How about you?

In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade.
On the avenue, Fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.



images: randomly acquired w/ no sources

Comments

vicki archer said…
I would love to be wearing an Easter bonnet Lynn....you never know! Have a wonderful Easter, xv.
Concrete Jungle said…
That was my darling grandmother's favorite song to play on the piano...we all were dressed at Easter with bonnets and new gloves as children a tradition I carried on with my own...somehow it does seem long ago now and another era...thanks for the memories!
Anonymous said…
I need to go buy myself a hat and decorate it. Happy Easter!
Anonymous said…
Garland and Astaire are dressed to the nines, are they not? I wish I could've been born back then, to see society like that.
Anonymous said…
I love the old time glamour!!
Fred and Judy are dressed to the nines!!
How I would have loved to have been born back then to witness society when it had real class.

Popular Posts