Gratitude.

My heartfelt thanks go out to you dear blogger friends for your comforting thoughts and words regarding the passing of my Mom. Thank you to my dear friend Janet (FrenchBlue) for the most touching tribute you paid to my Mom. You captured her essence in only a way that you could do. She would have loved it.

Friends, we've all be through losses and grief and it's such a difficult time to get back in the real world. I'm an only child, so there's not too many people that I can share stories with about my Mom. Thankfully, I have the support of my husband, family and friends and YOU all. I may be a bit distant in the near future...the news was shocking and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. My Mom's favorite flower was a rose and my middle name is Rose, so I dedicate this to the beautiful roses that symbolize my Mom.

Thank you dear Mom for all that you taught me, the enthusiasm and excitement you instilled in me, how to be kind to others, your deep generosity, the "little girl" qualities that you carried until the end, being there for me for every moment of my life. You will be missed so much Mom.


Comments

red ticking said…
i am so sorry to hear the news of your mother... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your dear family... and knowing she is in heaven is truly comforting... xoxoxo
I'm so sorry for your loss...
Lynn,

As an only child, I can relate to your need to share and remember your stories with someone. I always wonder what it would be like to have a brother or sister now that I'm an adult.

I'm glad to see that you have a dear husband and close friends nearby to help you during this time {and blog friends as well}.

Take care,
Mandy
The French Maid said…
Being an only child does make the load seem more daunting, doesn't it? I'm one also, so I know what you mean. We are all thinking of you...
--Lee Ann
Mar gar et said…
Lynn,
I lost my mom in 2003, and fully know the pain. It's beyond words, and truly respect your time to heal. My mom's middle name was Rose, too, and truly she was sweet, kind, loved to garden, where I often envision her in Heaven, looking like she's 20, in a light blue gossamer gown, in her garden of love.
XO
Margaret
MaviDeniz said…
this brought tears to my eyes. im so sorry for your loss.
a. said…
Lynn - I'm just catching up on my blog reading - I'm so very sorry to hear about the pass of your mom! Thinking of you and sending hugs and good thoughts. xo, Alyssa

Popular Posts