Remembering John Lee Hooker...

John Lee and I - February, 2000

Today would have been Blues legend, John Lee Hooker's 94th birthday. It's been 10 years since he passed away and I still think of him daily. Those precious sayings that one can never forget.

In the event that you didn't know, I used to work in retail banking when I met John in 1986. He was such a character and we became fast friends. Some years later I started working for him and became his personal assistant for 8 years. Yep, all of this before delving into the antiques world. I feel truly blessed to have had that experience.

The photo above was taken at my 40th birthday, where we celebrated with a private party at a good old night club with John performing. I even jumped up on stage, played tambourine and "boogied with The Hook!" A horrible tambourine player with no rhythm, but heck, I got to rock out with the band! And what an honor to have the great John Lee Hooker perform for my birthday~

I cherish the memories I have of this kind, gentle, and talented man. So, let me be one of the first to wish you my dear missed friend..

Happy Birthday John Lee!! (wish you were here for me to sing Blues style)

Comments

WOW Lynn,
You have certainly lived an exciting and varied life. How wonderful to have had John Lee Hooker to be at your 40th......and, to sing for you .......and, to sing with him and his band ...... and, to have him as a friend ...... and, to have his hand on your knee !!!!
I am out to lunch today so I shall quietly raise my glass to him. XXXX
Thanks Jackie! Those were the fun years!! XOX Have a wonderful lunch!
Unknown said…
There's few musical regrets in my life. And not seeing John Lee Hooker in concert is one of them. He was simply a great musician.

Popular Posts